Hong Jong Hyun says he didn't realize his scandal with Nana was such a big deal


Article: Hong Jonghyun, "Taken aback by dating rumors with Nana... I didn't realize it was this serious" (Interview)

Source: Newsen via Nate

"I didn't know how serious it was when the news went out because I was filming in Singapore. I was with my manager hyung at the time and after finding out, I was surprised. It wasn't the truth, however, so I was thinking that I had to deny it but didn't think it was a big deal so I told my manager to handle it on his own. Then I got on the plane and fell asleep. I didn't care at all and just didn't realize how serious of an issue it was.

As soon as I got to Korea, people were going crazy over it. My company was frustrated because they couldn't get in contact with me and I was wondering why it was such a big deal. I didn't know so many people had such an interest in me. It was my first time since my debut receiving this kind of interest so I was taken aback.

All of the misunderstandings have been resolved since then. I met with the WGM PD and spoke with her and explained the situation to Yura as well. Although it wasn't a scandal I started, I was apologetic. Yura and Nana are both friends whom I keep in contact with once in a while."

-

1. [+344, -26] It's not that people cared that much about you, it's that people cared that much about Yura... having to watch her put up with a partner who treats her like crap and doesn't even realize how serious the situation is... You were the absolute worst, most soul-less partner in WGM history

2. [+326, -20] Two people who ruined their image on variety: Hong Jong Hyun and Seo Kang Joon

3. [+277, -14] Nichkhun was dating Tiffany but he never treated Victoria like the way you treated Yura. If you didn't want to do it, you should've just quit the show. Acting like that just makes your partner a fool for putting up with you.

4. [+30, -4] I watched Kangnam and Yura briefly on 'I Live Alone' and they had such gerat chemistry... Kangnam would react to everything Yura said with great enthusiasm.. that's what I call professionalism

5. [+21, -3] The public already doesn't care about you. I used to like him too but he's rumored to be dating Nana.......... and it's too late for him to be apologizing for all of this right now.

6. [+18, -4] Well, thanks to him, I like Yura more now ㅋㅋㅋ especially for her personality ㅋㅋㅋ I'm a woman and I still like Yura more than him ㅡㅡ

7. [+14, -6] Don't care enough to see you off at the door so farewell

8. [+13, -4] Never cared for Yura at first but I like her now thanks to him ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-