Pann: Monsta X puts down Zico;
"First of all, I'm a BBC. If you look at 41:54 into this YouTube video, you can them saying that Jooheon looks like Zico and asks him how he feels about that. Then that blonde guy says 'It'd be frustrating, honestly... right, Jooheon-ah?'... well what exactly would be frustrating? Sure he's ugly but why would you say that about the way someone looks;; especially when Zico's your senior ㅋㅋㅋ just ugh"
1. [+166, -5] Heard he's one month into his debut, he should've been more careful. Zico's a way bigger senior... When rookies get told they resemble a certain senior, they normally just say "wow thank you, that's an honor".. how thoughtless of him.
2. [+143, -6] Ridiculous;
3. [+130, -5] What's wrong with him?!!!! Is he intending to ruin the group? Just shut up because the group used Jooheon's resemblance to Zico for media play ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
4. [+74, -0] Zico has every right to be upset ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+66, -3] Didn't even use an honorific for Zico by calling him Zico sunbae-nim, just straight up called him Zico ㅋㅋ
6. [+59, -1] Yeah, this group is screwed
7. [+57, -3] These guys even copied WIN for their debut, fakers
8. [+55, -0] Just how much of a fool did they take Zico for and how often did they make fun of his looks off camera that he can say that so easily as soon as he's asked that question... Some one month old rookie is saying this about a five year senior? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ If he knows he's on camera, at least pretend like you have some respect.
9. [+47, -0] Doesn't matter, they're nugus and Zico's their wall
10. [+38, -3] Seriously can't stand Starship ㅋㅋㅋ Just because Mad Clown and Junggigo are under their agency now, they think they're some hip hop company ㅋㅋ
Instiz: Monsta X Minhyuk writes apology note
[Minhyuk] I upset Zico sunbae-nim and BBC fans with my thoughtless comment yesterday. I'm really sorry about that. I was unfamiliar with the broadcast environment and it was not my intention... it was just a momentary mistake. I'm really sorry to Zico sunbae-nim. I will apologize to him in person and make sure this never happens again. I genuinely apologize once again.
"Everyone keeps using Zico to make jokes out of.. He never says anything but others are always the ones comparing people to him. Sad that he has to hear this publicly..."
"I don't think Zico knows what went down yet.. apologizing to him in person is just forcing him to accept it."
"I feel bad for Zico since he's staying quiet in all of this."
"Why would he go and apologize in person...?"
"Why even say that in the first place? The question wasn't even directed towards him."
"I'm glad that they're quick with the response but I'm wondering what his intentions were with even saying that. He's a public figure, he should be more careful."
"Please be more careful in the future..."
"Don't find Zico in real life, leave him alone ㅠㅠㅠ"
"Please just leave Zico alone, don't tell him what happened.. he's already going through enough."
"Why would you go to him in real life and apologize for this?"
"I don't think he meant he was going to actually find him and apologize, probably just said it for the sake of reflection... and why is he still getting hate after apologizing?"
"He was in the wrong and should definitely reflect but this doesn't seem anything to get all that up in arms over and criticize who he is as a person."
"I honestly interpreted it as him not being frustrated over the resemblance to Zico but being frustrated over being compared to anyone in general.. and he's not used to being on camera yet so he made a mistake ㅠㅠ And if he never apologized, he'd be hated on so he made the right choice to apologize."
"He definitely shouldn't apologize in person. What if Zico doesn't even know what happened and he has to accept this apology, that'd be so weird."
"I don't get his apology at all. Why would he blame the filming environment for saying what he said and what exactly were his intentions if what he said wasn't what he intended to say?"