Article: Wonder Girls, not a 'real band'?
Source: Herald Pop via Naver + Nate
1. [+212, -26] The journalist speaks the truth. I don't think fans should shield them just because they're fans. Criticize what should be criticized. Thank you for your refreshing judgment on the issue ^^
2. [+185, -29] So they didn't even record the instruments themselves. They're not a band but a band concept;;;
3. [+167, -22] Really disappointed that they didn't record it themselves
4. [+134, -29] I honestly didn't even expect them to be a real band anyway ㅋ
5. [+65, -5] Even if they did play and record the instruments themselves, they wouldn't have been able to pull it off as a real band. The songs off this album are them just holding a guitar and drums, there's nothing about it that makes me think they're a real band. It's a problem that they're pretending to be a band without any of the preparation put into it... they really need to study up if they're going to keep this concept up for their next album.
6. [+64, -5] How can they call themselves a band if they didn't record any of the instruments themselves? They're just holding the instruments and pretending to play it. The journalist also mentions that both their instrument skills and vocals fell below expectations and he's right, they need more practice to perfect this. So I'm assuming they're just going to be holding the instruments on music shows and pretend they're playing it? If they're going to release another album, JYP's going to make it a dance album. They just wanted a concept this time to get attention.
7. [+66, -11] A true journalist... the Wonder Girls really did play up the media play on this
8. [+60, -8] It's just funny how the Wonder Girls are fundamentally another average girl group but Naver comments keep calling them artists and better than idols ㅋㅋ they're still just a girl group, one that happens to have a band concept
9. [+326, -108] Forget everything else, I'm shocked that the instruments on their album were recorded by other people. How can you call yourselves a band?? How can you media play about being a band when you didn't even record anything on your album yourself?? There was obviously a reason your live was a mess at your showcase yesterday. You use another person's instrument recording on your teaser and think you can get away with just standing there, holding your instruments, pretending to be a band???
(Article quote) Wonder Girls confessed, "We actually didn't record any of the instruments on the songs on our album." They basically used electronic sounds and other session players. Park Jin Young's production is disappointing and it makes me wonder if they had to wear swimsuits in the music video at all. I want to know why they were sitting there with their instruments posed between their legs in their jacket photo. Why is Stellar put down but the WG praised?
10. [+286, -92] (Article quote) "The biggest shock from the Wonder Girls as a band is that they didn't perform the instruments recorded in their new album. Basically, they're not a band but a 'band concept'. Yeeun's explanation of, 'We wanted to show that the Wonder Girls was capable of performing retro pop with instruments rather than a complete recording as a band' sounds more like an excuse that they weren't prepared."
Article: Sunye and Sohee participate in WG's 13th talk track... friendly loyalty
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+158, -59] Without Sunye, their vocals are hopeless. I was so surprised hearing their live yesterday. Not only was their instrument performance a mess but their singing is just... especially Hyelim,...hopeless..
2. [+103, -51] So they media played themselves as a band but the instruments on their album were recorded by other people. Are they not embarrassed of media playing as a band right now?
3. [+126, -83] If the two are going to quit, just quit already.. why drag it on ㅡㅡ
4. [+31, -18] How in the world did Hyelim join this group? Mediocre at singing and dancing, not a visual, her rap doesn't stand out, she's not a variety character either..
5. [+25, -17] I feel like the comeback would've been perfect with Sohee. She would've made the group look more cohesive. She may seem untalented but she has such a strong visual color that she shines on stage and makes people take a look... too bad that that doesn't translate into her acting. Unfortunate for WG.